Posted On: March 12th, 2021
Deadline: Until Position is Filled
SpokenWeb is seeking a candidate to participate in the development of interfaces for the meaningful presentation of metadata to researchers, students, artists and the public through the development of the front end of Swallow, as well as for the Archive of the Digital Present project.
This position will be supervised by the SpokenWeb Principal Investigator, Dr. Jason Camlot, and the SpokenWeb Project Manager, in collaboration with Tomasz Neugebauer, the Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian, as well as possibly a supervisor from the candidate’s institution.
Description of Job Duties
Primary responsibilities of the position may include the following:
- Develop software designs and working source code based on the requirements specifications
- Select open source software libraries to be used as a part of the implementation
- Work collaboratively with backend developer and ux designer
- Documentation of coding processes
- Commit source code to an open source repository
Salary & Eligibility
Position open to any student in good standing. Rate to be determined by the Collective Agreement of the affiliated institution for 10-15 hours per week.
How to Apply
Send a statement of interest, including information about relevant experience, and a resume to: Ben Hynes, SpokenWeb Project Manager, at email@example.com.