Posted On: March 12th, 2021
Deadline: March 31st, 2021
SpokenWeb, a SSHRC-funded Partnership Grant, led by Principal Investigator Dr. Jason Camlot, is seeking a candidate to participate in the development of interfaces for the meaningful presentation of metadata to researchers, students, artists and the public. We’re a research project that aims to develop and connect collections of recorded literary performances from across our international network, engaging with a broad spectrum of inquiries from pedagogy to audio signal analysis. You can find out more about us at our website: https://spokenweb.ca.
This position will be supervised by the SpokenWeb Principal Investigator, Dr. Jason Camlot, and the SpokenWeb Project Manager, in collaboration with Tomasz Neugebauer, the Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian.
Description of Job Duties
Primary responsibilities of the position may include the following:
- Develop software designs and working source code based on the requirements specifications
- Select open source software libraries to be used as a part of the implementation
- Work collaboratively with backend developer and ux designer
- Documentation of coding processes
- Commit source code to an open source repository
Salary & Eligibility
Position open to any student in good standing. Rate to be determined by the Collective Agreement for 10-15 hours per week.
How to Apply
Send a statement of interest, including information about relevant experience, and a resume to: Ben Hynes, SpokenWeb Project Manager, at email@example.com.