Welcome to ShortCuts. To kick off the new miniseries season, Katherine invites us into an audio remix of short clips from deep in the archive to consider: what does it mean and what is possible (technologically, phenomenologically, ethically, poetically) to cut and splice digitally? What kinds of new stories and audio-criticism can be produced through these short archival clips?
A fresh take on our past minisode series – “ShortCuts” is an extension of the ‘ShortCuts’ blog posts on SpokenWebBlog, this series brings Katherine’s favorite audio clips each month to the SpokenWeb Podcast feed. Stay tuned for monthly episodes of ‘ShortCuts’ on alternate fortnights (that’s every second week) following the monthly spokenweb podcast episode.
Producer: Katherine McLeod
Host: Hannah McGregor
Supervising Producer: Stacey Copeland
(in order of sonic appearance)
– Maxine Gadd with Richard Sommer, reading at the SGW Poetry Series, 18 Feb 1972, featured in ShortCuts 1.2
– Daryl Hine, reading at the SGW Poetry Series, 1 Dec 1967, featured in ShortCuts 1.1
– bill bissett, reading on CKVU-TV Vancouver, September 1978, featured in ShortCuts 1.6
– Kaie Kellough, reading at The Words and Music Show, 20 Nov 2016, featured in ShortCuts 1.3
– Daphne Marlatt, reading at the SGW Poetry Series, featured in ShortCuts 1.5
– Gwendolyn MacEwen, reading at the SGW Poetry Series, 18 Nov 1966, featured in ShortCuts 1.7